Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh, Heavens!





Ella loves taking baths. No, scratch that. She ADORES taking baths. And I love it when she takes baths too. It allows me a mini-break from chasing her, redirecting her from the TV cabinet, and climbing up the stairs. For both of us it is 15 minutes of relaxing bliss. She gets to splish, splash around in the tub while chewing on her water toys and I get to sit, watch, and enjoy the moment. Bath time is refreshing for both of us.

Not so much on Sunday. After the zoo Ella was a little grumpmonster since she missed her nap. And when I say grumpmonster, I mean she was just a little fussy, nothing unbearable. I thought a bath would do us both some good. The idea was to relax her before bed, allow me to catch my breath (while sitting on the bathroom floor), and then we would continue on with our night. Well, apparently, it caused Ella to relax too much. In the middle of her splish-splash fun I noticed an unmistakable face. The face the signifies that she is working an something... And before you knew it, her hard work was evident in the tub. Yup, that's right folks, she pooped in the bath tub!

So instead of tub time being relaxing, it became work. Work to rebathe her, work to disinfect the toys, work to sanitize the tub, work to juggle this event that now makes me chuckle. And of course, this all happened while daddy was away! But I must admit, when it comes down to it, when your child does this, it is not nearly as gross, disgusting, or horrible as you would think.

3 comments:

  1. Oh ella! Somehow I've escaped this ritual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha one of my first memories is taking a bath with my little sister and her pooping. I remember my parents yelling "don't drink the water"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We finally had our first experience with Cooper about 2 months ago... never with the older two, thank goodness! You're right though, not so much gross as it is a pain in the rear to scrub EVERYTHING down! And of course Riley and Tyson were in there too, so we got to re-bathe all three! :)

    ReplyDelete