Saturday, June 23, 2012

Almost One Week In

While staying home I envisioned updating my blog nightly highlighting my triumphs and tribulations.  However, I have been consumed, and tired, and busy, and exhausted.

We are in sleep hell.
I could write a book on this, but for now I will choose to ignore this subject since Ella went down tonight like a dream.  Therefore, I have a huge amount of hope that we turned a corner.

My house is a sty.
In a moment of delirium I called the cleaners and canceled them on Thursday afternoon.  Then I had a moment of clarity; I called her back and told her to keep coming.  Sure, I'd like to do everything myself.  I want to be super mom/ super wife, but the hubs is traveling a lot right now, Ella is not sleeping,  both kiddos are still young enough that I need to keep a careful eye on them, and we are home now more than ever so the house is dirtier than ever.

Busy, busy, busy
The days do seem to fly by.  I had no idea that I would loose track of the day of the week.  But, all the shuffling to swim class, the library, activities, and errands makes the day fly (and Ella snooze in the car).  I have not yet gotten into "my groove", but I am working on it.

Not long ago I blogged about my PLANS for my first week staying at home.  I am happy to say that we made the cookies today and the weather chart.  The cookies were good, but not my favorite.  We will probably make them again because they only require 3 ingredients. Of course, Ella wanted to eat the entire batch of cookies.  She was very proud of her effort and contribution.  In fact, she did most of the work except cracking the egg.  I must say, the Kitchen Helper has been a great purchase.  She even used it to help me dry dishes this week.  Abby was very cooperative during cookie making.  She happily read her DOG book.

Best picture we got, folks.  


 Ella was not interested in helping with the weather chart since she was too busy playing with glitter glue.  However, she was more than willing to look out the window and position the arrow to sunny.  The arrow has since been torn; it lived a very short life.


I always knew staying home was the hardest job in the world.  It is.  Yet, the days are pretty rewarding.  I actually was able to sneak away for a few hours on Saturday and leave the girls with the hubs, and I found myself RUSHING to get back to them.

OK, off to bed I go.  I promised myself I would be in bed early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment