Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sneaky Sneaky

Wednesday is my day.   It is the day I don't have to pack a lunch for her to take to school. (Yay for pizza bagel day!) And it is the one day of the week that I choose her clothes.

In her mind pizza bagel day= mom chooses clothes day.

You see, Ella has been picking out her clothes for some time now(years) and I don't really mind.  She comes up with some incredible outfits.  However, she prefers her favorites and refuses to wear pants, shorts, or dresses that don't twirl.  And that is about 75% of her wardrobe.

I like to think that I am broadening her fashion horizons by choosing her clothes on Wednesdays.


You can't really tell here, but this is a hot pink sweater over a Hello Kitty dress, with red glitter tights.  Clearly she chose this outfit. 



Oh, and this skort is favorite.  The striped shirt complements the floral print.  


Luckily school picture day fell on a Wednesday this year.  It saved us from having to negotiate over clothes for the day.  I choose a lovely turquoise GAP  dress for her to wear thinking the color would make her eyes POP.

She was unhappy about my choice because it did not meet her twirl criteria so she decided to toss it in the bathroom sink and douse it with water.  It was too wet to wear to school.

I was outplayed by my four year old.  

She ended up wearing pink leggings and a Tea brand tunic.  As a consequence she had to wear the turquoise dress on Thursday.  Clearly unhappy, Ella wore a twirly dress over it.

Once again, I was outplayed by my four year old.  



In case you are wondering about Abby's clothing preferences, she doesn't have any... We can't keep clothes on her!


3 comments:

  1. Too funny!! Ella is a pretty devious problem solver... .and it worked as she didn't have to wear the non-twirly dress on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the thing most upsetting, isn't the nakedness of Abby or the clothing choices of Ella... but that totally freaky Easter Bunny! Yowsa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, I love it! Such fun to have little girls, you must treasure these small conflicts and blooming individuality. I know you do!

    ReplyDelete