Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New Year's Resolutions... Finally


Yes, I KNOW 2010 is already 34 days old. However, I am finally ready to begin my resolutions. It has taken me these 34 days to decide on goals that I can accomplish. I am not trying to run a marathon when I can't even run a mile, I am not trying to fit into a size 4 pants when I have never worn a size 4, and I am not trying to find the cure for cancer, although that would be really cool. Instead, I have set goals that I can accomplish because quite frankly, I want to be successful. I guess I can be hard on myself, but I am still struggling on how to be a good mom and not have my teaching suffer and how to be a good teacher without taking time away from my family. And I know this is impossible to do. So my resolutions may appear simple and easy, but that is what I am looking for.

So, without further ado...

1. visit the local library at least every other week
I'd like to do this to expose Ella to the library, encourage myself to read more often, and meet other new moms.

2. limit the boob tube to 90 mins. per day or less, except for nights when the Blazers play

3. work out at least 2 times a week
Hey, I don't work out at all right now, so this would be a huge improvement. Walking does not count.

4. stay on top of my grading
This can be a nightmare if left ignored for a few days. *Note: It is 9:02 and I have yet to begin grading my papers tonight. However, it should be fairly easy since only 12 out of 31 kiddos turned in the assignment!*

5. Not eat ice cream EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT
I am typing this while eating..... ice cream! Seriously, this will be the most difficult of them all.

And in the meantime, if I do run a marathon, fit into size 4 pants, and find a cure for cancer, that would be okay too.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I could use a training partner for the 2010 marathon! :)

    Those look like perfect resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to join you on the working out 2 times a week. We can DO IT. But i'm going to do it WHILE watching the boob tube and Dylan is snoozing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny! The ice cream kills me too!

    ReplyDelete