Thursday, April 15, 2010

A New Phase


For those of you who don't know, I can be a little bit anal about having my house "picked up." And by picked up I mean, everything put away in the correct spot. I don't think these expectations are too unrealistic. You take off your shoes, you put them away. You use the phone; it goes back on the receiver. As a trade off, my house doesn't have to be clean. I am always going to clean the bathroom, vacuum the floors, dust, wash the sheets, whatever, however, I usually just talk about those chores. They are constantly on my to-do list because they never get done.

Well, Ella is slowly breaking me in. It is now more and more common to see out living room with toys strewn about. A half-chewed book here, a random shape sorter piece there, a stacking block, and countless dolls now litter the house. And you know what? I think our house has never felt more like home, and I know Ryan won' t complain.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny because I always SWORE i would not have primary colored toys littering my space. But as dylan ages more and more....his toys keep multiplying. In fact, we are donating a bunch of stuff to Jesus Care b/c I can't take it anymore.

    ReplyDelete