Sunday, June 12, 2011

Thank you, Thank You VERY Much


This was me before babies.  Like most women, I was critical of my figure.  My arms were not defined enough.  My belly had a little roll when I sat down and was a little too soft for my liking.   Plus,  I did not have Kardashian backside.  Little did I know how good I had it.

Currently I am 24 days post partum, and my figure has a ways to go.  Heck, I am not sure if it will ever remotely look like my body of old.  But, if it does, I can tell you, I will NEVER complain about it again.

In the meantime, my body is still transitioning from cooking an 11.2 pound baby.  My belly is slowly shrinking, but apparently not fast enough.  While picking up Ryan's Father's Day gift an older gentleman asked me about Abby.

"How old is your baby" he asked.
"Just over three weeks.  She was born May 19th."
"Oh, and I see that she is going to have a sibling soon."
And because I did not want to embarass the guy, I went along with it.  " Yes, soon."

And with that, the man made me feel like a giant whale.  Here I was with my newborn, had a conversation regarding my baby's age and someone mistakes me for being pregnant.  Awesome, just awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Older Gentleman need to keep their traps shut! It's only BEEN THREE WEEKS and you birthed a GIANT BABY. It took your body 9 months to get this way it will take a little bit longer to settle back down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you had to go through that!! I think I had more than a few of those moments myself (one at a friend's baby shower and her aunt asked me when I was due and Tyson was like 3 MOS old!).

    If you'd be up for going for walks or getting the kids together at a park this summer, I'd love to see you and meet Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by to say HI and "introduce" myself. My husband (Scott) told me that you were a reader of my blog and said you had one too. Nice to "meet" you. Anywho, I look forward to reading more about you and your family and I feel the same way about my body after having had 2 kids... I WISH I could have the body back that I used to complain about in college!

    P.S. I'm posting this from a Google account because I'm not sure how else to comment. My blog is http://amothersworkisneverdone.com

    ReplyDelete