Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This Hurts My Heart

 Blogs share the events and lives of families.  For the most part, the events shared are happy and joyous occasions: birthdays, funny quotes, holidays, and everyday life.  However, some blogs chronicle the struggles of families.  I have come across one such blog.  THIS blog makes my heart hurt.  It makes my heart heavy.  And it reinforces the fact that I am incredibly lucky.  To be honest with you, I would not click that link.  Instead, be thankful for your family's health, the laughter the escapes from your little ones, and the simple things in life.  Because all those things can change in an instant.

But this blog has inspired me to donate to a really good cause (that and the radio-a-thon I caught last week).  You can tell that I have evolved when I became a mom.  No more do I donate to the Humane Society in honor of our dog, Lancey  I do love him and miss him, but it is the children like Layla that I would prefer to help.

If you talk to the big man tonight or the powers that be, say a little prayer for a little one named Layla.

1 comment:

  1. I have been following Layla Grace too. And it makes me so incredibly sad. What a brave family.

    ReplyDelete