Monday, March 8, 2010

Making Memories

Ryan and I have fabulous memories from our childhoods.  One of his favorite memories was The Birthday Plate.  On his birthday he got to eat off a special plate that said, " TODAY YOU ARE SPECIAL."  Anyways, I think he is special everyday, but that is besides the point.  But for some reason, that plate made birthdays better, food tastier, and special memories.

We would like to keep this tradition alive.  Here is the link to an etsy shop that makes unbelievably cute personalized plates.  I love how this one is so bright and cheery!


One tradition that I grew up with was having Halloween Parties at out house.  We would dress in our costumes, bob for apples, and eat powdered doughnuts off a string. It was good old fashion fun.  I can't wait to do this for Ella and her future friends.  Nothing beats the excitement of Halloween, the promise of sugar, and the excuse to gulp down a powdered doughnut!

After all, it is about making memories!

1 comment:

  1. I love the plate..i think im' going to start that tradition for dylan!

    ReplyDelete