Monday, March 29, 2010

Florida Vacation~ The Trip Home

It's me again, Ella. I am again guest blogging for Mommy since she has social studies tests to grade. I told her just to give all her kiddos A's, but she won't. Anyways, I thought I would update the blog so she could work on her paper grading. Aren't I thoughtful?

Anywho, I did leave a teaser that this entry was going to be about our return trip. Indeed it will. Let me emphasize that I was a REALLY good girl on all THREE travel days to Florida. People were constantly stopping to talk, flirt and compliment me and I just ate up all the attention. I really was that good. And this is where I made my mistake; I set the expectation bar too high.

So this is my explanation:

1. I was REALLY tired. We were go go go all vacation long and the sun exposure did not help.

2. My mommy and daddy woke me at 3 am for a 2 hour car ride BEFORE our first flight. We all know that the best sleep happens in a bed during routine sleeping hours. Duh!

3. I did not want to leave Grammy and Grampy. I was protesting.

4. I was squished. Airline seats are tight to begin with, but there was a rather large gentleman sitting next to my daddy. Hence, my daddy was squished into my mommy and we were all squished into the window. Not comfortable even if you are sitting on the two people you love most in the world.

5. I had to eat crappy packaged purees. What happened to the fresh stuff and the gelato I had a taste of?

6. I filled my diaper and when I say filled, I mean FILLED. They did not change me for over an hour. I know the seat belt light was on and everything, but for the sake of everyone on board the plane and for my bottom, I should have been changed. It was really not my fault that my diaper became over saturated and leaked all over mommy.

7. We had a 3 hour layover in SEATAC. So let me lay this out for you. A 2 hour car ride, a 6 hour flight, a 3 hour layover, and a 30 minute flight. I don't care if you are a saint or an angel, a day like this is no fun. I can guarantee you, that my mommy was having a hard time keeping it together. She wanted to fuss, stomp her feet, and throw a mini-tantrum. I know. She told me.

So, when all is said and done, I might not have been a perfect angel on the return trip but I couldn't have been that bad; mommy and daddy are already talking about Spring Break next year!


1,976,567 Sloppy Kisses,
Ella

2 comments:

  1. We did have fun with you in Florida!! I just wish it wasn't such a looong trip for you.

    ReplyDelete