Sunday, March 28, 2010

We're BAAAAACK!

OMG! It has been sooooo long, but I have been a very busy little girl! I went to visit my Grammy and Grampy in Florida this past week. Let me tell you all about it!


It took us FOREVER to get there and I am only slightly exaggerating. We flew to Seattle on Sunday and stayed in a hotel. Then on Monday we flew to Orlando and stayed in another hotel. On Monday we drove 4 hours to Naples. My mommy and daddy learned a few lessons. 1. Always, always, always fly direct no matter how much the tickets cost or in their case, flying privileges. 2. When sharing a hotel room with me, I dictate bedtime. If you stay up, I stay up. I bet next time they get a suite. This would have been a good idea since I do hit the hay at 6:30. But, I must say, I was a pretty agreeable little girl. Three days of travel tired me out. I even slept the entire 4 hours from Orlando to Naples.



Finally I arrived to Grammy and Grampy's. Grammy dressed me up in some of my new clothes. She likes to buy me my wardrobe and I am NOT joking! My mom had to bring an extra suitcase for my new digs. I also wore my hat from cousin Jennifer. I love it. And the shirt I am modeling in this picture if from Mrs. Edwards. She likes to buy me dolls.



I went swimming, but I was very diligent about protecting my fair skin from the sun and wrinkles.


I turned 10 months old while in Florida. I brought my E for my monthly birthday shot, but I was not very cooperative.



I got to spend time with my Grampy. He always calls me "Sweetie" or "Lovey".


We went to the beach. It took my entourage 60 minutes to pack for the beach, 40 minutes to drive to the beach, and then they only let me stay for 30 minutes! They say it was because I was tired, but that is so not true! I think THEY were hungry. I was perfectly happy eating my sand toys and sand.


I had a blast!


Mommy and I played in the sand and even went in the water.


I swam more.


And I spent lots of time with Grammy. She sure does love me and I love her too. She let mommy and daddy go on dates while we played.


I also had gelato which mommy and daddy emphasized that it was a treat.

As you can see, Florida was a blast! I can't wait to go back. Tune in tomorrow and I will tell you all about my trip home. I might have been easy on the way to Florida, but not so much on the way back.

A million kisses and a boatload of hugs,
ELLA

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Much warmer than our 20 degree mornings in central Oregon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Ella's first cross country flight switching stressful traveling vacay! She is getting to be such a big girl! I can't believe she is 10 months. Becky you are going to have a ONE YEAR OLD sooooooooooo soon!

    I will never ever fly un-direct with an infant/toddler. Getting on and then getting off and then getting on and then gettting off is STRESSFUL ( wait until you are alone...)

    ReplyDelete