Monday, March 1, 2010

Success... Dare I Say It?!


I am almost afraid to post this blog entry.  I am afraid I might jinx our progress.  If you have been following BLISS regularly, you know that I have been trying to gather the courage, willpower, strength or whatever you call it, to have Ella cry it out at night.  Well, Friday we began.

And I must say, I did not intend to start her CIO (crying it out) on Friday.  We did our usual routine.  She woke two times and I promptly went in to do our thing.  By the third time Friday night my body was not so understanding.  It refused to get out of bed and actually told my brain, "You have not had an uninterrupted night of sleep since God knows when.  Stay in bed.  Roll over, go back to sleep."

And so I did.  Ella cried. And cried.  And then went back to sleep.

On Saturday I figured we were already knee-deep in the process.  My body successfully convinced my brain to persevere.  Apparently my body is stronger (or just way more tired) than my brain, because when she did cry, I stayed in bed.  And guess what? She fell back asleep.

Sunday was a little easier.  I faintly remember her crying.  Dare I say that a full night's sleep is on the horizon?

4 comments:

  1. Go Ella!!!!! She is learning to soothe herself back to sleep! What a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who to be more proud of--you for being able to ignore the cries or Ella for being able to soothe herself back to sleep.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it continues to get easier! Hooray for a good night's sleep- for everyone! :)

    (And not to freak you out, but literally 10 minutes after I was bragging about Tyson not yet figuring out how to climb out of his crib, he did it...ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! I could really use a full night of sleep!

    ReplyDelete