Monday, January 25, 2010

Alexa? Ella? Alexa? Ella?


For those of you who do not know, Ella was thisclose to being named Alexa. We also considered Logan, Morgan, Grace, Ava, and Ella. However, Alexa and Ella were the top two. Ella has been my favorite name since way back when. You can even check my high school diary if you don't believe me. Unfortunately, many others must love the name Ella too, as it has risen sharply in popularity since my high school days. Alexa then became the favorite just due to the fact that I did not want to name my daughter the "in" name.

As a result, up until the night before Ella's birth, Alexa was THE name, that is, until I realized that people may call her Lexi. And although Lexi is a cute name, Sexy Lexi is not. And working with middle schoolers, I am terrified of having a Sexy Lexi. Anyways, I am grateful that we went with the name that I have loved for so long. It has already withstood the test of time when it comes to my taste and Ella does not look like an Alexa or a Sexy Lexi for that matter. She is an Ella through and through.

For the time being, I would consider Alexa in the future, only if everyone would promise not to call her Lexi.... But, I am not sure that can be controlled.



1 comment: