Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Perfect Day, Even WIthout a Morning Nap!

Ella's Baptism was a success!  I fretted about the perfect dress, the perfect napkins (pink with polka-dots and pink striped), and the amount of food.  Most of all, I fretted about her lack of nap.  Knowing the service was at 10 I knew Ella would miss her most important nap.  I had nightmares of her first temper-tantrum, arching her back, and making quite a scene.  But, true to form, Ella was perfect.  She sang during the processional, splashed around during her actual Baptism, and flirted with every parishioner who glanced her way.  She basked in the limelight and soaked up the attention all day long while keeping her happy disposition.  Every day she continues to amaze me and I could not be more proud.  How did I end up with this truly amazing little girl?  And I must say, she looked completely precious in her white gown, but I am not biased or anything!






4 comments:

  1. She does look absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful day! SO happy to be a part of it all :) Although Brett and I are debating about whether to get her her first bible or a 3-disc box set of The Godfather instead...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad everything went well for Ella's baptism!

    ReplyDelete