Sunday, January 24, 2010

Broccoli. Hold the Peppercorns, Please.

Today Ella had broccoli for the first time. Since I am trying to make all of her food, I prepped it last night for today's lunch. The process if very easy~ 8 minutes to steam then throw it in the food processor. Viola, baby food!

[Fast forward to lunch time]
As we were prepping Ella's lunch Ryan noticed several peppercorns in her mush. This seemed really odd to me since I made the broccoli and KNOW I did not use peppercorn.

"Ryan, where do you think these peppercorns came from?"

"Must have been when I filled up the pepper grinder."

Must have been.



Needless to say, Ella sent her order back to the kitchen for a remake. She learned to say, "I will take my broccoli without pepper, please."

And as you can see, she liked it. She really liked it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your sharp eyes ( not too blurry from lack of sleep) caught those peppercorns!!! She would never have eaten another green vegetable the rest of her life...

    ReplyDelete