Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Let It Snow!

Yesterday we were teased with a few snowflakes.  Mother Nature flirted with the idea and Abby was intrigued.  Truly it would snow for a moment and then rain for a moment, snow quickly, and then rain.



Abby watching the snow at a friend's house.





Last night's forecast called for snow.  However, I have learned that snow in Oregon rarely happens and when it does, although never much, it can still shut down the city.  Luckily, we live at a high elevation and received a touch more than a dusting, just enough to build a snowman.    So, by 6:45 we were outside whooping it up while still wearing our pajamas.  For a moment I hesitated, thinking I'd rather have my morning coffee and wake up slowly.  But after the tragedy in Newtown, I thought better;  6:45 was the perfect time to play in the snow!

Our littlest snowman.  This was before we added almonds for eyes and before Ella ate the carrot.  

Here you can see Ella's Sesame Street pajamas peeking through.  

I look forward to many more early mornings playing in the snow!



2 comments:

  1. How fun!!! And too funny that Ella ate the snowman's nose for breakfast!!!

    ReplyDelete