Monday, July 12, 2010

BIG FAT FAIL!


I spoke too soon. I guess I was just a little too eager, a little too happy, and a little too ready to get rid of the bottles. Ella took back the power when she reminded me that she is the decision maker in the family and that bottles can only go when she is ready, and ready she is not. For three days she barely drank her milk and refused to nap. I became one of those moms who followed their child around trying the get her to drink a sip saying things like "Want some milk? It is soooo good..." and " How about some milk?" I was one tired momma and in my delirious state of mind, I realized I could give in and reinstate the bottle. Best thing ever. Naps are back and so are the bottles. Heck, as far as I am concerned, Ella can drink out of a bottle as long as she wants....

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry! she won't be using bottles in college. Ella Wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I tried that too. Parker is determined to keep his bottles for a bit longer....you are right, they do make the rules!

    ReplyDelete