Saturday, June 2, 2012

Just Me and The Girls

Sometimes weekends are harder than weekdays.  Admitting that makes me feel like a horrible mother, but it is the truth.  Today (and last night) we were daddy-free.  And when that happens there is no break from a long work-week, there is no Saturday morning long lingering shower, and there is no sleeping in past 6:15 am.

This is the first time I have rested all day (unless you count a car ride, I might) and I have already been interrupted three times since Miss Ella is playing the procrastinator's version of Time To Go To Sleep.  This game can test the patience of a saint.  And let me tell you, I am not a saint.

However, even though there was no break from the long work-week, no long lingering shower (in fact, no shower at all today), or no sleeping past 6:15 this morning, by all accounts, it was a great day.

We painted some toesies.  


We practiced cutting, and from what I can tell, she is advanced in this skill set. 


We played Play-Doh like it was our job. 

And THEN we went on an impromptu play date with one of Ella's besties from school.  
This was all done in lieu of a long lingering shower and sleeping in from the stress of a long work week.  

****
 While I was cleaning up the kitchen I felt an incredible sense of fulfillment.  Abby was already in bed, fast asleep.  She was worn out from our adventures.  Ella was sitting outside, winding down while eating the last of her ice cream birthday cake (from last Thursday).  I was tired from giving the girls 110%, but as I stared out my kitchen window looking at my little love bug, my heart was happy and content. I know these are the most precious moments of my life. 

****
Note:  Poor Abby was asleep both times I broke out the camera today.  However, let me assure you that she was engaged, stimulated, and loved on just as much as Ella was today, although I have no concrete proof.


No comments:

Post a Comment