Sunday, June 3, 2012

Time Flies

Note:  I am feeling sentimental as a result of my moment watching Ella eat cake (see yesterday's post).  As you can tell, it greatly influenced my post today.  I hope I don't come across as whining, that is not my intention.  Instead I'm aiming to reflect upon how far we have come in a year, how much change has occurred, and all the while, how much I have cherished the early days despite the struggles. 

It is hard to believe that my babes looked like this 365 days ago.  




We were just beginning our lives with two babes.  
I was trying to regain my strength (click HERE). 
Ella just entered the terrible twos while transitioning to life as a big sister. 
Days were long and sleep seemed impossible. 

I remember these days fondly although they were not easy.  
We did not leave the house much.  
I was exhausted.  
Life consisted of play time in the back yard or nursing in the yellow rocking chair. 
Thank goodness for my friends who would come over with coffee and their littles for play dates.  

Many nights I woke up ravenous.  
I'd eat Raisin Bran or Shredded Wheat.  

We have come so far since last year.  
My post from yesterday speaks of a different kind of struggle, but it is easy to see that what is hard for a short time is soon replaced with a new parenting challenge.  When it is replaced, you forget the old challenges.  

Looking back I know I will never again have to deal with night time wakings, nursing, or having two under the age of two (only for 5 days, but still) and while I am thankful for that,  I'm also nostalgic.  Last summer was special.   


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this post! I can relate so much though it's only been 4 months for me since Dexter was born. I remember Josh and I kept saying to each other "it will all be better by the time he's 3 months old". I now look back and miss those days!

    Hope you have a wonderful summer and enjoy every moment as a stay at home mom! It's challenging but it is the greatest job in the world!

    ReplyDelete