Monday, January 30, 2012

Snow!!!


Coming from the east coast I remember tons and tons of snow.  Granted, my memory sucks, but I firmly remember days off of school, enough snow to warrant snowmen, snow angels, and good ol' fashioned fun followed by hot chocolate with fluff. 

Things are just a little bit different here. 
Occasionally we are lucky to get a flurry here and there and we live at roughly 1,000 feet while the rest of the city is in the valley. 

 
It snowed earlier this month, as you can see.  We had snow and it warranted a 2-hour delay for Ella and Abby's school.  Of course, my school in the valley had nada.  Then again, there was not snow to be seen on campus.  It sucked.  Obviously I wanted to be making memories with my little one, playing in the snow, and living life.  Instead daddy snapped these precious photos for me.   



And although I am bitter about not having a snow day or delay, I am glad it snowed.  At least now I can justify the Columbia snowsuit and the Nike snow boots.  E was prepared with her $60 worth of snow gear, even if she just played outside for 15 minutes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment