Saturday, November 17, 2012

Vomit, Poop, and Laundry

A few things you might not know about me:

a.  I need my house to be picked up.  Clean, not so much, but I can't relax until everything is in its place.  I'm neurotic, I know.
b.  I prefer a solid 8.5 to 9.5 hours of sleep. However, I usually stay up too late because it is the only time I have to relax.  Inevitably I curse myself the whole next day, but I still continue to stay up too late. Its a vicious cycle.
c. A daily shower is a top priority for me.
d. The gym is my respite and 6 days a week you can find me there at 3 pm.

The past three nights have a been a blur of vomit, poop, and laundry.  Seriously.  On Wednesday night poor Abby started showing the effects of a stomach bug.  I am no doctor, but since she threw up all over her sheets three times that night, I am pretty confident with my diagnosis.  Believe it or not, that night I changed her sheets four times (three times for vomit, once due to a detached diaper).    My mother in law was impressed I even owned four sets of sheets for the crib.  Let this be a lesson, you can never have too many sheet sets.

That night Abby was needy, there was a constant mess to clean up, and I ran the washing machine twice during the night.  Ryan was great at helping, but even so, sleep was at a premium.

 On Thursday Abby and I hunkered down.  Ella went to school and swim lessons.  Ryan flew around the country. Abby's vomiting continued at night and then the diarrhea came. And came. In fact, it came right out of her diaper. Every. Single. Time.


Even when sick, nothing makes Abby happier than a bath. 
I believe this was bath number one.  


Blow out.  Gross.  Notice there are no sheets on the crib.  That saved me sheets from washing.  Mind you, she was in the crib for about 5 minutes when I bringing laundry upstairs.  Lovely surprise.  It was all over a book and a singing doll.  Both ended up in the trash. 


By Friday Abby was on the mend.  Her vomiting had all but stopped.  She did have messy diapers, but the light was at the end of the tunnel.  I dreamed of going to the gym Saturday afternoon or at least heading out of the house.  That is, until Ella woke up and "spilled up" all over the bathroom floor. 




So today the washing continued: her comforter, the sleeping bag, her two sets of sheets (yup, just two), her four pairs of pajamas she wore last night, and the contaminated throw pillow.  

Needless to say, my house has been in a state of constant disarray.  I have not logged a solid 8.5 hours of sleep these last three nights.  I have yet to shower today (but I will after the Ducks game, I promise). And at three o'clock today we were in the car on a drive, not at the gym.  And all of that is okay. 







No comments:

Post a Comment