Monday, May 24, 2010

One ALREADY?











Hi everyone! It is me, Ella. I know, I know, my Sunday post is a day late, but I have a really great excuse. I was just plum-tuckered tired out from my first birthday party! In fact, I am still tired. Something about play, play, playing all day long combined with being the center of attention, eating more cake than my little heart can imagine, and having a mini- nap did me in.



My party was so fun. Mommy and daddy have been working non-stop to prepare for the festivities. They baked, chopped, cleaned, and decorated. There seemed to be pink and green, elephants and decorations everywhere. It was really cute. Grandma and grandpa even came by early to lend a helping hand. I think they knew that mommy and daddy had a lot on their plates.





Even though the weather stunk and it drizzled here and there all day long, it did not ruin my day. With my happy attitude, I did not even seem to notice. My friends Piper, Riley, Keira, and Grafton celebrated my birthday with me. We played really well together except Mommy says I need to be gentler with baby Piper. Being one has so many responsibilities. I need to remember NOT to pull hair, NOT to use my friends' faces to push myself up, and NOT to be rough with babies. Geesh! Next thing you know mommy is going to transition me to cow's milk and switch out my bottles for sippy cups! I hope THAT never happens.









The sweetest part of the day for me was when I got to dig into my smash cake. In fact, when Mommy and Daddy put it in front of me, my first thoughts were, "Who are you and what have you done with my parents?!" and then I started thinking," Is this a trick?" You see, I NEVER get to eat sweets. Mommy and Daddy micromanage my meals. Luckily for me, it was not a trick and I had an ENTIRE banana cake to myself and let me tell you, it was more than I could handle. At first, I played in to my adoring public. I let them encourage me while I smiled and teased them. I wanted to make sure I had their full attention. While I did that, I calmly tasted the cake and savored every minute. And once I had everyone watching me and on ther edge of their seats, I dove right in. And It. Was. Absolutely. Delicious.

Being the birthday girl definitely has its perks.

*** all cute party decor was made by ETSY vendor sweetteaandpickles***

2 comments:

  1. We have a hard time believing you are ONE already too. She is just too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley and I had so much fun celebrating with all of you! She just LOVES "Baby Ella"- we're going to have to work on dropping the "Baby" part since she's heading into the toddler years!

    ReplyDelete