Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Random Thoughts

I feel like I am in the middle of a lot of projects.  However, I never seem to make any progress.  Imagine that! With a full time job, a traveling husband, and two kiddos under the age of three, I guess I am lucky to have matching socks.

But really, I have a SERIOUS To- DO list.

1.  I want to organize like nobody's business.  I'm talking purge the closets, clean the garage, and sift through everything.  I LOVE getting rid of things.  Very few items I carry an emotional connection to so I am the definition of an anti-hoarder.

2.  I am seriously considering repurposing our dining room.  We don't host nearly as often as we used to with the two littles, and it would be really nice to have a room devoted to their toys, especially since I will be staying home next year.  And I imagine projects... lots of projects.  However, this would be an undertaking and we do host holidays and birthday parties a few times per year. Where will we seat people?  If we do go ahead with this,  I would want to paint the room (I want to do this anyways) since rustic red  is too severe for my tastes and we would need a new light fixture.

3.  Our guest room needs H-E-L-P.  This is the space that seems to be the catch all right now.

4.  Garage Sale.  I have never had one before.  Perhaps because I never had anything worth reselling, but with the all the baby stuff, we have a small gold mine.  How does one go about organizing a  successful garage sale?  I need tips, people!  I know nothing..

And I seriously want this to organize all the games, art supplies, and toys we have strewn around the house in various rooms in this beauty:
Pottery Barn Kids does it again...
Seriously, school me on garage sales, offer advice on the dining room idea, and come help me organize.  I will buy you a Starbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment