Sunday, December 18, 2011

Go Me....

I have been husbandless for a full week (minus the 16 hour whirlwind "visit" that was mostly spent sleeping).  That is a long time.  I am mostly used to it, as a pilot's wife, you have to be.  With the new job he was gone for six weeks while training on the new plane.   However, since that training he has only been gone a handful of days due to an unusually quiet schedule.  Not this week.

As a result, this week seemed long after having him home for such a long stretch.  Perhaps it was because it was the week before Christmas Break or because both kiddos were recovering from some sort of illness or because I have a gazillion and twelve things to do like finish my shopping and wrap presents while managing a full-time job and two kiddos.

One of the the to-dos on my list was to take the girls to go see Santa.  I wanted to squeeze it in over the weekend because this up and coming week is busy, busy, busy too.  So, on Saturday I dressed and bathed both the girls, dressed them in holiday finerary, and trudged to the outdoor mall.  Ever the planner, I assumed there would be no line because by now EVERYONE should have already visited Santa.  I mean, Santa has been in the malls since Thanksgiving week.  Surely, everyone who was going to visit the big man must have already done so.  Wrong.  Dead wrong.

So, after all my holiday primping and prepping, we waited in the outdoor line for precisely 10 minutes.  During those ten minutes I was formulating a plan to get my two year old to agree to leave the line and return another day.  She happily agreed.  Thank YOU, Ella, because I believe we would still be in that line waiting.

Along the same lines, today we made it to church.  I dressed them in their same holiday outfits and let me tell you, we were actually on time.  This is a first.  Is it just a coincidence that I managed to dress them, and get them out of the house husbandless?  You decide.

Awww... Sisters

Wearing a headband... a holiday miracle

I love this dress, and Abby, of course. 

2 comments: