Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Fun

My first official day of summer vacation included a dental visit (yuck), a trip to the grocery store, and allergy shots. And the allergy shots left me down and out for the rest of the day. I sneezed no less than 43 times and was in bed by 8:00. I was miserable. Even as I type this, more than 24 hours later, I have a red snot box, itchy eyes, and fat, swollen arms. And as miserable as these shots are, they are 1,578 times better than the alternative. The trade off of three painfully miserable days is up to SIX WEEKS of allergy-free bliss. I will take it.


Black and white photos hide red noses.

So, in my eyes, Summer Vacation really began today. And, we rejoiced with the summer weather. Finally. We celebrated Ryan's second Father's Day at the Original Pancake House with banana pancakes and blueberry pancakes. YUMMM! A certain Missy Moo really loved then.

After nap number one we took Ella to the park, where she swung on swings, tottered on the see-saw, and ran around the sprinkler fountain. And to really celebrate the summer love, we indulged ourselves ice cream. Missy Moo quite enjoyed the sweet treat; she certainly has her mother's sweet tooth.

To top off the day, we ate dinner outside for the first time in our new house. I swear since we have purchased the patio set, the weather has been March-like.




So my summer vacation has just begin, but I am already diving in head first. Dinner was delicious.... and made by me!

3 comments:

  1. A few things:

    1. Allergies suck- I'm so sorry you have to endure them on such a crazy level!

    2. That dinner looks AMAZING! I need to take some lessons from you!

    3. ECLIPSE IN LESS THAN ONE WEEK!!!! :)

    and 4. Don't you just love summer? I keep thinking it's Saturday... everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling picture of Ella--I like her hair combed to the side ( looks like Mommy's). Hope you and Ryan enjoyed your dinner on the patio!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Becks!

    That dinner looks delicious! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete